Saline residue found along the banks of Salt Creek attracted settlers to the area in the 1850's. The first person to undertake commercial production of salt here was Martin V. Bowers. He arrived here during the civil war. Bowers was a local farmer and politician and later sold his business to A.B. Grant and moved to Parker County. A.B. Grant was a confederate veteran. He operated the salt works until 1871 when he was elected into the Texas State Legislature. He sold the operation to Gustavas A and Edwin S Graham.
The two brothers came to Texas with the Texas Emigration and Land Company. They only operated the Salt Works for two years before closing due to operating costs. Although the Graham Salt Works was not operated long, it played a vital role in the development of Graham.
In 1872 the Graham brothers founded the City of Graham. They donated land for a town, a courthouse, churches, schools, and cemeteries. The land was donated in the family name as we know it today. The Graham family has continued to play a vital role in the development of Graham.
4H Horsemanship Clinic
View All Events
BULKY WASTE COLLECTION SERVICE (ENGLISH/SPANISH)
YOUR BULKY WASTE WILL BE COLLECTED CURBSIDE ON THE SAME DAY AS YOUR GARBAGE COLLECTION.
Click here Details
POLYCART COLLECTION ROUTES
Map of what day of the week your polycarts will be picked up. You can download a copy or pick one up at Graham City Hall
Click for Details
RECYCLE COLLECTION ROUTES
Map of what day of the week your Recycle Polycarts will be picked up. You can download a copy or pick one up at Graham City Hall.
Click here Details
LATE BILL POLICY EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2015
1. Bills are due on the date shown on the bill, unless adequate proof is provided that the City utilized an improper address for the billing,
2. If the bill is not paid on or before the due date, a 5% penalty shall be applied;
3. If the bill is not paid in full, inclusive of the penalty applied, by the 28th day of the month when payment becomes 30 days past due,the utility will be disconnected.
4. A disconnect fee of $75 dollars will be applied to the bill.
5. To reconnect service the bill shall be paid in full, inclusive of the penalty, the $75 dollar disconnect fee and a $75 re-connect fee.
City Council Meetings
City Council meets every other Thursday.